I have decided to share a 72 day daily challenge with you each day until Easter, April 1st. We are doing this in our Relief Society, and I thought I would like to share it here as well. I shared a little about the challenge here.
Each day I will share the daily video here and then my personal thoughts about it after I have personally watched it. Today is Day 25.
Parables of Jesus: Jesus Declares the Parables of the Wheat and Tares, Mustard Seed, and Leaven
The Savior was know for teaching in parables. In this video, Jesus teaches a crowd of people about the parable of the wheat and the tares.
Matthew 13: 36-43
36. Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
37. He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38. The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39. The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40. As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
41. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42. And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
43. Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
This is more of the things that will happen when the Savior comes again. I want to be part of the wheat and not the tares.
I also love the parable of the mustard seed. A mustard seed is such a tiny and insignificant seed. But it grows to be one of the mightiest herbs, big and strong. I want to be like the mustard seed.
Leaven is uplifting. It rises and is light. I want to be like that also and have the Kingdom of God in my life. It is true happiness.
What did you learn from today’s video?