I have decided to share a daily challenge with you each day from now until Easter, April 1st. We are doing this in our Relief Society, and I thought I would like to share it here as well. Here is a little about the challenge:
Come Unto Christ
“And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.” (John 17:3)
Jesus Christ was our perfect example. He loved, served and did His Father’s will. He performed miracles and taught many. At Easter we celebrate the Atonement and the Resurrection which are the culminating events and the supreme expressions of love and sacrifice that our Savior performed for each of us. In preparation for this celebration make a goal to deepen your relationship with your Savior by learning about His life, learning His teachings and learning about the miracles He performed. As we learn about Him and from Him we can grow to be more like Him.
“In order to become more like Him we must know about Him.”
If you are looking for a way to strengthen your relationship with and knowledge of your Savior take the “Come Unto Christ” challenge. Starting on January 20th and culminating on Easter Sunday, April 1st, watch 1 bible video every day for 72 days. The bible videos depict pieces of the Savior’s life on earth, His teachings and miracles. As you learn from and about Christ daily you will get to know Him better.
1. Watch 1 bible video each day. Ponder the teachings that are contained in them and learn from them.
(Each video is only about 2-5 minutes.)
2. For further learning you can also read the scripture passage that is being depicted in the video.
3. The challenge starts on January 20th and ends on Easter Sunday, April 1st.
“Follow the Son, with full purpose of heart, … with real intent, … take upon you the name of Christ. … Do the things which your Lord and your Redeemer did.”
(2 Nephi 31:13, 17).
Each day I will share the daily video here and then my personal thoughts about it after I have personally watched it. Today is the first day.
An Angel Foretells Christ’s Birth to Mary
The angel Gabriel, sent from the presence of God, announces to the young Mary her future role as the mother of the child Jesus.
26) And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27) To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin’s name was Mary.
28) And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
29) And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
30) And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31) And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
32) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33) And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
34) Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
35) And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
36) And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
37) For with God nothing shall be impossible.
38) And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
I had to wonder at how Mary was being prepared for this visit by an Angel of God to tell her that she would give birth to the Son of God. She took a moment to be still and the Spirit worked within her so she was prepared. It makes me ponder how if I took more moments to just be still, if the Lord would use me for more of His work. It would be a blessing to others and myself. So I need to work on being still more.
What did you learn from today’s video?
Leave a Reply