Yesterday, I shared about one of the writing programs I use, Scrivener, and how it had a very steep learning curve. Today, I am going to share my favorite writing program with you. And guess what?! It’s super simple and intuitive to use. If you have a Mac, you are out of luck. But for those of us who use Windows, this is a very viable alternative to Scrivener. And while I do use Scrivener for certain things, I find myself returning again and again to my WriteWay Pro software. This is the writing software that truly has my heart.
The program features include the following:
- Book Organization: Acts, Chapters and Scenes; plus a scratch pad
- Dynamic Outline: Build your book outline on the fly
- Add Front & Back Matter Pages: cover art, dedication, foreword, etc.
- Assign color codes to your Scenes and set status/completion flags
- Organize your book in up to 9 acts
- Synopsis: compose, print and/or export
- Composition: built-in full featured word processor
- Dictionary and Thesaurus
- Story NoteCards and NoteCard Templates
- Character Profiles, Templates and Data Pages
- Word/Page Count Tracking and deadline management
- View and print reports and statistics
- Add images anywhere in your composition and/or text
- Listen as your computer reads your books out loud
- Storyboard your NoteCards for scenes, chapters and/or acts
- Import your current work-in-progress from other sources
- Research Folders: store a book’s notes, images, URLs, file links, etc.
- Future Book Ideas: folders shared between books
- ARCs/Galleys: one click formatting, printing, exporting
- Numerous printing options: book draft, manuscript, outline, NoteCards, etc.
- Export your book to RTF, HTML, PDF, .doc & .docx file formats
- Create publish-ready formats of your book for Kindle and NOOK
Here are a few screenshots from the program and the WriteWay site:
Yes, that’s right. It has a corkboard. Score!
Need to know your writing stats? WriteWay Pro has you covered.
Want to see more? Here is a short Overview Video:
WriteWay Pro is pretty much everything I need for a writing software. I love how EASY it truly is to use and you can’t beat the price: $35 and all updates and upgrades are included in that price. You can try it for free for 30 days to see what you think. I know I originally did this and within just a few days, I made the jump to the full program and have been thrilled ever since. I’ve used this program for the past few years without any issues. It makes my writing heart happy. I don’t twitch when trying to figure out how to do something I need it to do. It’s just simple and I really, really, really love how intuitive it is all the time. Can you tell I love it?