I thought I ought to check in and post a little bit about the goals I set for this year. I think it is always good to check in. It makes me accountable and that is always a good thing.
So here we go…
- SPIRITUALITY-I am doing well on this goal. I am reading in my scriptures daily. I haven’t missed a single day, so that is good.
- KINDNESS-I feel like I am making progress in this area as well. I’ve been kinder in the family and more aware of others and their needs.
- WISDOM-I am doing ok on this. I am currently making plans for our curriculum this next school year. I will be going to the convention in Cincinnati this year, so I am sure I will be able to narrow things down a bit more then.
- IMAGINATION-I need to work more on this one. I am hoping that the convention will help me here.
- AMBITION-I think the best part of goals is the ability to revise them. I am still working on this, but in a different direction. My husband is wanting to make some career changes, so I am working with him on a new goal for a home business that we can both do. I can’t really give too many details yet, but if you are curious, then you can visit www.successfulgardens.com to get a little idea of what area we are working in.
- PERSISTENCE-This one I have been doing in spurts. LOL! I post a little more regularly, then life happens and I don’t post as much. It has been crazy. But onward and upward as they say.
- TEAMWORK-Not doing so hot on this one, and my house shows it. I need to get this implemented and soon. However, on a bright note, the boy did help by vacuuming the living room yesterday. He didn’t even complain. That was nice. So maybe we are making a little progress after all.
- FAMILY PORTRAIT-I’m working on goal #10 before I do this one. LOL! But this WILL happen.
- COURAGE-I’ve been doing this a bit more. However, there is always room for improvement. I will keep on keepin on.
- INCREASE HEALTH/LOSE WEIGHT-I am doing well on this one. I’ve lost about 20 pounds thus far and I have been participating in swim aerobics two times a week. I feel good about my progress. I keep telling myself that I will be at my goal by June. Then I can worry about the family portrait.
So there it is…the good, the bad, and the ugly. How are your goals going so far?