If you are looking for the perfect bit of berry dessert heaven, then do I have a recipe for you. And the best part? You only need 3 ingredients. Yes, you read that correctly. Just three ingredients and 45 minutes away from complete yumminess!
First you need some frozen berries. I used a triple berry blend with raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. Spread those out over a 9 X 13 pan that you have sprayed with non-stick spray. I don’t know for certain that you need the spray, but I figured better safe than sorry and my dish cleaned up just perfectly. So spray it and be happy.
Once you have the berries in the pan, then spread a dry white cake mix all over the top, getting it as even as possible.
Now for the hard part. Open up a 12 oz can of lemon lime soda. I used 7-Up because that is what I have on hand. Pour the soda all over the top of the dry cake mix, getting it as even as you can. There will still be some dry spots and that is OK. Just soak as much of the mix as you can in the soda. It will look something like this:
Now pop that dish into a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Take it out of the oven when it looks like this:
Let it cool a little so you don’t burn your mouth. I know…it’s hard. It looks and smells divine. When you absolutely can’t stand it any longer, scoop it out and serve with some vanilla ice cream. Let your mouth sigh in complete happiness.
If you have any leftovers, place them in the fridge so you can enjoy them later. But if you don’t have any leftovers, don’t feel too bad. You just enjoyed it all at once.
- 5 Cups Frozen Triple Berry Blend Berries. (Raspberries, Blackberries, & Blueberries)
- 1 White Cake Mix
- 1 12-oz Can Lemon-Lime Soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread frozen berries in the bottom of a 9 X13 pan that you have sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Spread dry cake mix on top of berries, getting it as smooth and even as possible.
- Pour soda all over the cake mix, soaking as much of the cake mix as possible.
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving. Serve with ice cream.