The Barefoot Executive
The ULTIMATE GUIDE for Being Your Own Boss & Achieving Financial Freedom
By Carrie Wilkerson
Published by Thomas Nelson
From the Book Description:
Carrie Wilkerson offers the opportunity to live life on your terms. Want to start your workday with e-mail and coffee on the back patio? Want the flexibility of joining your fourth grader on an all-day field trip? Are you ready to take that vacation you’ve been planning for years? Then you have a choice to make, and The Barefoot Executive will help jump-start your transition. You’ll learn:
- Your “why.” The most important question. Why do you want to work for yourself?
- What type of business best suits your experience and talents.
- How to stay focused on your goal and avoid distractions.
- Where to find the support that will accelerate your success.
- How to link your business to the right market.Whether it’s a service, a product, or your insight or expertise, you already have the raw materials necessary to transform your life. Carrie will walk you through the process of building the business you need to achieve the life you want. Her guidance is practical. No philosophical silliness, no theoretical abstractions- just concrete action steps alongside insights from fellow entrepreneurs, interactive exercises, and links to Carrie’s online video coaching segments. It’s the next best thing to working one-on-one with her. The Barefoot Executive will have you energized by the possibilities and embracing the extraordinary life that is well within your reach.DISCOVER what you already have to offer, how to use it to your advantage, and where to find the people who are eager to buy it. The Barefoot Executive will pull you over the hurdle of uncertainty and get you moving, planning, doing.
To be honest, when I was offered the opportunity to review this book, I only agreed because I am currently working at getting my own business going this year. I thought that the book would mesh well with my personal goals. When the book arrived, I was extremely busy and dreaded reading a non-fiction book when I was already knee-deep in classes. However, I was not to know how life changing this book would actually be for me. I have been astounded by the things I have learned from the author. I have also loved the little movies that she has included for each chapter on her website, The Barefoot Executive. They are infectious. They are like the icing on the cake for a visual learner such as myself.
I thought I had a pretty good understanding of how to do this whole work from home thing. After all, I have been doing it for the past 6 years. I have been fairly successful in bringing income into our home while I have stayed at home. What I have learned from this book is that there is so much more I can be doing and I have figured out exactly what I need to be doing to reach our WHY. I have also learned that my WHY can evolve and change. I like that. As I grow and change, it makes sense that my goals and what will motivate me will also evolve along the way. I also feel like I will now be able to meet my personal goals this year, because I have the tools to do it. This book gave them to me.
I was struck by the fact that I was immediately drawn into the book. I felt a connection with the author. Perhaps it is because I also went to school originally for music and gave that up in order to get married and have a family. I understood immediately where she was coming from and felt like I bonded with her. This will be a book that I will open again and again as I digest the contents. One reading is not nearly enough. It is sure to be a book that I will find new nuggets of information each time I read it. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking to start a business from home, or who already has a business that they are running from home. Your bookshelf needs to have this book on it. It needs a prime spot where you will be able to grab it and reference it again and again. You won’t be sorry, unless you miss the opportunity to own it.
*Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book directly from Living Your Moment in exchange for this review. No additional compensation was provided and the thoughts expressed are my own.*