Nothing says fall better than pumpkin pie spice. But if you don’t want to make an actual pie, then I have the perfect solution: pumpkin pie pudding. And to make it even better? You make it in your slow cooker or crockpot. So quick and easy and your family will thank you for it.
First, you will want to spray your crockpot or slow cooker with a non-stick spray. Trust me. Make sure you get it really good, or this will stick and it will be a real bear to clean afterwards.
Now, pour your pumpkin into a large mixing bowl.
Add the sugar.
Now add the baking mix and spices.
Beat your eggs really well. You want them to be nice and light for this.
Add in your evaporated milk and the beaten eggs.
Mix it really well. I was doubling the recipe this time and I had to change to a bigger bowl. Oops!
Now pour all that goodness into your well-greased crockpot. You did spray it, right?
Put the lid on, set it and forget it for the next several hours. Of course you won’t actually forget it, because the aroma will drive you mad.
Cook it until the pudding is set. It may or may not crack on top. It did this time. It doesn’t matter as long as the pudding is set and not runny.
Now scoop it into dishes and top with lots of whipped cream. This is fantastic warm or cold.
- 15 oz. solid pack pumpkin
- 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup buttermilk baking mix (like Bisquick)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Whipped cream
- 1. Mix together all ingredients except whipped cream. Pour into greased slow cooker.
- 2. Cover and cook on Low 6 – 7 hours, or until thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- 3. Serve in bowls topped with whipped cream.
- Note: I often double this recipe to fill up my large crock pot, and substitute spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves), for the pumpkin pie spice.