You are about to love me. Really. Though these are definitely NOT diet friendly. Just plan accordingly and you’ll be fine. I promise.
Put the shortening and the butter into your mixer.
Cream them together.
Now add the sugar, brown sugar, eggs, molasses, and vanilla.
Mix it all together.
Meanwhile, put your flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
Whisk it all together until it is evenly blended.
Now slowly add it to the mixture in your mixer. This will keep it from flying all over. Not that I’ve done that before or anything…
Once that is all combined, add in your oatmeal.
Mix it up until is is all combined. Now take your cookie scoop, scoop cookies onto a lined baking sheet, and bake for about 10 minutes.
While the cookies are baking, it is time to mix up the filling. Put your shortening, powdered sugar and vanilla into a bowl.
Add in the marshmallow cream.
Begin mixing it all up.
Don’t be afraid to beat and whip it until it is all light and fluffy. Set it aside.
Cool your cookies on a wire rack. Make sure they are nice and cool before you start icing them.
Put a nice amount of icing on the bottom of one cookie, and spread it around.
Top with another cookie. You can now eat it, or wrap them in plastic wrap to eat later. They won’t last long.
I recommend a nice cold glass of milk to wash down the yumminess.
- 1 Cup Soft Butter
- 1 Cup Shortening
- 1 1/2 Cups Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 TB Molasses
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 3 Cups Quick Cooking Oats (do NOT use Old Fashioned Oats)
- 14 oz Marshmallow Creme
- 1 Cup Shortening
- 2/3 Cup Powdered Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter, shortening, brown sugar, sugar, molasses, vanilla, and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add all the flour mixture to the creamy mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the oatmeal.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a spring-loaded cookie scoop (2 TB size), scoop out cookie dough and place at least 3″ apart on lined cookie sheets. Cookies will spread and you do not want them to touch while baking.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes or just until set and golden brown around the edges. Let cool on baking sheets and carefully remove to a wire rack to cool completely. While cookies are baking prepare the fluffy filling.
- Beat together the marshmallow creme, shortening, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- When cookies are completely cooled, spread filling thickly on the underside of a cookie and pop another cookie on top. Wrap each in a small fold-over sandwich baggie or in plastic wrap to keep cookies fresh.