About the Vendor…
The Homeschool Buyers Co-op is the world’s largest buyers club for homeschooling families. Founded in 2005, they are a family-owned and operated business dedicated to providing top-quality curriculum at the lowest price possible.
They are homeschoolers with a love for family and a deep commitment to homeschooling.
They made the profound and life-changing decision to assume full responsibility for their children’s education. They understand the sacrifices and joy that this entails, and have decided to devote their energies and talents to helping other homeschooling families who have chosen to walk the same path.
Find them here:
About Homeschool Planet…
At last — a full-featured planner that doesn’t require hours to learn how to use it!
Homeschool Planet includes:
- A Calendar View that lets you see anybody’s or everybody’s calendars at once.
- A Planner View with a simple list of everything you need to do and when.
- Automatic Rescheduling — A class time changes? You miss a few days to illness or vacation? No problem! Homeschool Planetautomatically reschedules all the affected classes and assignments.
- Separate logins for kids to view their assignments and check them off when completed.
- Daily Digest emails to everyone in your family with their own schedule, assignments, and chores for the day.
- Email and text message reminders to help everyone stay on schedule (Some limits apply.)
- Lesson plans with assigments, web links, notes, and more.
- Easy attendance tracking, grading and transcript creation.
- To Do lists for everyone in your family.
- Shopping lists (one each for Target, Safeway, etc.) that you can text to your spouse or have sent to your smartphone when on the go.
- Widgets you can use to do research, send text messages, and more.
- Mobile Version — Ability to view and edit (with some limitations) your calendar on SmartPhones and tablets.
- Calendar sharing — View the contents of your spouse’s Google Calendar inside Homeschool Planet, and vice versa! This also works with Apple iCal and other online calendars.
- Lesson Copying — Copy any lesson for use at a later time by another student.
Homeschool Planet is, quite literally, a control panel for your life! To use it, all you need is a web browser and a broadband Internet connection.
There are several tutorial videos available to help you learn how to use this powerful online planner. Here is one that shows an overview of the program:
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Many thanks to The Homeschool Buyer’s Co-op and Home & School Mosaics for making this review and post possible.
I am a planner junkie. I love being able to write things down in different colored pens and feel the pen on paper. But I also have begun to really, really love online planning tools. I like that I don’t have to carry around a big, bulky, and heavy planner to keep track of my schedule. Online planning allows me a much lighter method and I can still color coordinate things for visual pleasure.
I’ve tried several online planners before I had the chance to try Homeschool Planet. I like that I have been able to combine them into one central place. I have even been able to connect my google calendar to Homeschool Planet. That has been really nice so I only have to open up Homeschool Planet and everything I need to know about my schedule is there at my fingertips.
It has also made keeping track of all of Chandler’s school stuff so much easier. Chandler hasn’t wanted to change how he does things yet. I have a printed planner with all of his assignments for him that we bind each year. But although he hasn’t wanted to change his system, I love that I can peek in and see what he is supposed to be completing each day so I can keep him on track. That has been wonderful and it has helped me immensely. I am not having to flip open his planner and look. I can simply see it all on my computer screen. Easy peasy.
Another thing that has helped me with this planner is that I am able to keep track of things with Gary’s work schedule. Since it is currently the snow season around here, I can easily keep track of the days that he is on call for snow removal. I don’t have to track down his calendar or bug him about it. I just simply entered all the information into Homeschool Planet and now I just know. It makes things harmonious around here.
Here are some screenshots of what I have in my Homeschool Planet planner for this coming week:
As you can see, Homeschool Planet is more than just a homeschool planner. It is a life planner. It really does make my life easier. I think the key to using this program is making it work for you. Thinking outside the box seems to make a difference and for me, it is a program that fits all the many aspects of my busy life.
Please visit Home & School Mosaics to see what all of our other reviewers had to say about their experiences with Homeschool Planet.