My friend Heidi of Reviews and Reflections, started participating in a meme last week that can be found each Friday over at Living to Tell the Story. For this meme, you are supposed to list 5 things that were your favorite from the week. I think this is a great way to stop and count your blessings, so I wanted to jump in and participate. We all need a little brightness in this dreary world. I can’t think of a better way to brighten my world than to share some of the blessings that have made me happy this past week.
1. SUNSHINE-I have loved feeling the sunshine this week. It has been so warm and nice that you just can’t help but be happy.
2. PLAYFUL ROBINS-I found a lot of joy and laughter this week as I watered the lawn and watched the Robins dance and play in the sprinkler. It was fun to watch them dig for earthworms and shake their feathers and bathe in the water.
3. HELPFUL LIBRARIANS-Although I have often wished that our public library was a bit bigger and had more available, sometimes it is nice to live in a small town. We walked in this week to search for some books on birds and one of our librarians greeted us by name and asked what we needed. Chandler told her we were there to get some books on birds and she led us right to the section and pulled several off of the shelf for us. It was nice and saved us some time. I appreciated that kindness.
4. CHOCOLATE-What can I say? It’s been a ch0colate kind of week. I love it and I am grateful I know what it is and what it tastes like. It makes me happy.
5. NEW NIECE– I have saved the best for last! This week I was blessed with a brand new niece named Madilyn. Isn’t she precious? My brother sent me this photo (from his phone to mine) of his little family and titled it, “Aren’t I Blessed?” Yes, I really think he is! I am so happy for them.