I love comfort food, don’t you? I love it even more when it is simple to make. And this recipe is oh so simple.
Here is what you need to do…
First, pour the chicken stock or broth into a large mixing bowl.
Add in your cream of chicken soup.
Whisk until well blended.
Add in a teaspoon of chicken bouillon for added flavor.
Mix that in well. Set aside.
Now take your chicken breasts.
Salt and Pepper both sides.
Place them into your crockpot. I suggest spraying it with some non-stick spray for easy cleanup later.
Top with a stick of butter that you have cut into chunks.
Sprinkle your chopped celery over that. You could leave this out, but I find it helps the flavor overall.
Now pour your liquid sauce all over the top.
Put on your lid and set it on low for 6 hours. Walk away knowing your kitchen slave is working for you.
After the 6 hours, remove the chicken breasts from the crockpot.
Shred them using two forks.
Add the shredded chicken back into the crockpot.
Now add your egg noodles.
Stir it, cover again with your lid and let it simmer on low for another 2 hours. You may want to stir it occasionally.
Once the noodles are all cooked, you will notice the chicken and noodles is thick and yummy. It’s now time to eat!
Spoon it onto your plate. We like to put it over mashed potatoes for the ultimate comfort meal.
- 1 – 32 oz chicken broth or stock
- 2 cans – cream of chicken soup
- 1 tsp. chicken bouillon
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 stick (1/2) cup butter – cut into pieces
- 3-4 celery stalks, diced
- 1 24 ounce package – frozen egg noodles, thawed
- In a large bowl, whisk together chicken stock and cream of chicken soup. Add the chicken bouillon and mix well. Set aside.
- Salt and pepper chicken breasts on both sides. Place into bottom of prepared crockpot.
- Cut butter into several pieces and place over chicken. Add diced celery.
- Pour broth and soup mixture over chicken. Cover with lid. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, remove the chicken breasts and shred the meat with two forks. Add the shredded meat back into the crockpot. Add in the noodles. Mix well. Cover with lid and cook on low for 2 more hours, stirring occasionally.
- We like to serve this over fluffy mashed potatoes for the ultimate comfort food experience.