I have decided to share a 72 day daily challenge with you each day until Easter, April 1st. We are doing this in our Relief Society, and I thought I would like to share it here as well. I shared a little about the challenge here.
Each day I will share the daily video here and then my personal thoughts about it after I have personally watched it. Today is Day 23.
Jesus Raises The Son of The Widow of Nain
Jesus raises the son of the widow of Nain from death.
11. And it came to pass the day after, that he went into a city called Nain; and many of his disciples went with him, and much people.
12. Now when he came nigh to the gate of the city, behold, there was a dead man carried out, the only son of his mother, and she was a widow: and much people of the city was with her.
13. And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her, and said unto her, Weep not.
14. And he came and touched the bier: and they that bare him stood still. And he said, Young man, I say unto thee, Arise.
15. And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak. And he delivered him to his mother.
16. And there came a fear on all: and they glorified God, saying, That a great prophet is risen up among us; and, That God hath visited his people.
I think there are at least two lessons in rhis video. The first is how compassionate the Savior is and how quick to ease suffering if we allow Him to do so.
The second is just a reinforcement of His great priesthood power. I am thankful for the priesthood power here on earth. It is a blessing in my life.
What did you learn from today’s video?