Another viable and easy solution for making your own book covers and having them look professional, is a software called Book Cover Pro. This software is user friendly and was designed to be a “plug and go” program. There is a step-by-step online user guide that will walk you from the beginning to the end of your creation process.
From the website:
- Create any size book cover, softcover or hard cover, flaps or no flaps
- Customize your cover from scratch, or use a template from our gallery, free with our deluxe version
- ISBN standard bar code generator built in
- Compatible with any book printers/publisher (Lulu, LightningSource, CreateSpace, etc.)
- Works with any size or style of spine
- Work in centimeters, inches, or points
- Uses your own fonts stored on your computer
- Choose a high resolution—300 or 600 dpi
- Work in either RGB or CMYK color mode
- Import images from your own files or from our own free image gallery, included with your program
- Create an e-book cover from your design in just seconds, ready for websites, Kindle, Nook, etc.
- Save your finished cover in various formats: PDF, TIF, JPG, GIF or PNG, ready for print and publishing
- Receive three free e-book covers in 3D format (with deluxe version)
- Deluxe version comes with our promotional software, PrintMarketingPro, FREE.
- Compatible with Windows and Mac, including Mavericks
- Free upgrades
Book Cover Pro is available in several different price points, starting at $95 and up to $395 (currently on sale for $295 at the time of this post). If you are looking for a template style software program for your book covers, then this might be one you will want to consider.