I hate the cold and I pretty much dislike winter with a passion. It makes me hurt. I often wonder why I live in a place where the air hurts my face. That is just wrong. But I am trying to be more positive. So instead of sharing the easy list–why I hate winter, I thought I would try to find 5 Things I Like About Winter. Surely I can think of at least five. There has to be at least that many reasons, right? You can’t only hate something. So I will try to find the 5 Things I Like About Winter.
- Snow is Pretty. I do like seeing the blanket of white that looks all fresh and clean. It makes the trees look pretty too. So I do like the beauty that it provides.
- The Cold Kills Bad Things. I do like that when it is bitterly cold for so long here, that it is killing the bad bugs that like to destroy my garden and lawn during the summer. They aren’t able to incubate unless they are protected by the snow. But sometimes it is just bitterly cold without the snow and I know the yucky things are dying. And that makes me happy.
- Hot Chocolate. When it so cold during winter, I have an excuse and reason to drink cups and cups of luscious hot chocolate. I stock up on mini marshmallows and whipped cream during this time. They make my hot chocolate perfect. Sadly, I never seem to want this yumminess when it is warm outside. It has to be cold to really appreciate it.
- Fire in the Fireplace. This makes everything all cozy and warm. There is just something magical about a fire in the fireplace. But again, it isn’t something you want during the hot summer. So this is a seasonal delight I thoroughly enjoy during the winter.
- Comfort Foods. During the winter you get to eat all the yummy comfort foods without guilt. All the yummy stews, soups, gravy, and every other delicious item seem to be what the best menus are made of. Since you are busy wearing bulky sweaters and coats, no one seems to be worried about fitting into things. I like that freedom. I’ll panic in the spring about getting my body summer ready. In the winter, no one cares.
So there you go. 5 Things I Like About Winter. What are some things you like about winter?