Many of you know that I write and publish books for my job. I love it! But I thought you might not know about some of the jobs that brought me to where I am today.
I thought it would be fun to share 5 Jobs I Held in a Previous Life today for 5 Things Friday. Some of these jobs are ones I held while I was single, and some of them are ones I held after I was married. I am not going to share these in the order I held them, so don’t think they are in a particular order, because like always with my 5 Things Friday lists, they are in random order.
- Preschool Teacher-I held this job several years ago. It was a lot of fun and my class kept me very busy. I enjoyed working with these cute kids and seeing their cute faces each day. What isn’t to love about teaching young children their abc’s and 1-2-3’s? I left this job once I started homeschooling our son. Priorities and all.
- Headhunter-I worked as a headhunter for a staffing agency. I specifically worked with white collar jobs and helped place people into jobs they were qualified for and excelled in. I enjoyed this as I was helping people and companies come together. And I was using my schooling. I had gone to school for Human Resources Management and really liked the field. What I didn’t like about it was when I had to let someone go, or write them up for bad behavior. I also didn’t like having to meet unrealistic quotas set by my employer. It was a very stressful job and it caused me to leave the HR field.
- Teller & New Accounts Rep–I actually held this job at a couple of different banks over the years and I would never do it again. I was very good at it. But the pressure for bank sales and the stressful environment were not worth it. In my experience, there was also a lot of backbiting and I learned to hate female bosses as they all seemed to have something to prove and you were always the casualty for their errors. There is a lot more I could say, but I will refrain. Haha
- Managed a Review Team–Some of you know me from this job. I first did this for a homeschool magazine, and then for a company I shared with my partner. We oversaw a team of a few hundred reviewers for homeschooling products and then products for the home. This was a very stressful job and I did not get paid nearly enough for the hours and hours that I put in each and every week. I hated it when reviewers would not follow through on their commitments and I had to be the bad guy. I don’t like being the bad guy. It actually goes against my nature. I did love being able to bless people with products for their homes and homeschools. I love to do that. Some days it was touch and go if it was actually worth it though.
- Office Manager for a Mortuary/Cemetery–Yes, you read that right. I actually managed an office for a mortuary and cemetery. Our office handled all the paperwork and sales for those who purchased their funeral plans and plots PRE-NEED, (which I highly recommend doing to this day), as well as all of the AT-NEED plans and plots. Those were always hard. I made some wonderful friends through this job and have fond memories of working there overall. I had one boss who was a pain in the rear, but that just goes with jobs in general, doesn’t it? I will admit that the staff all had a warped sense of humor and this is probably why I enjoyed that job.
So now you know 5 of the Jobs I Held in a Previous Life. What are some of the jobs you have held? What did you like or not like about them?