I thought it would be fun to start doing a post each Friday about 5 things. I’ll have a different topic each week and they will never be the same 5 things. It should be fun and interesting!
This week I chose to share 5 Home & Recipe Blogs I Read. These are just SOME of the blogs I read each day. But these are probably my favorite ones (for the moment), in this category. So here they are in no particular order…
- The Pioneer Woman–If you know me at all, you know I adore all things Pioneer Woman. I love her blog and have been a faithful follower for years and years. I own some of her kitchen stuff. I religiously watch her TV Show on Food Network each Saturday. I love her food. I love her ranch life. I love her basset hounds. She has no idea who I am. But in some ways, I could be her long lost sister from another mister. Just saying…
- One Good Thing By Jillee–I love, love, love Jillee. This is a woman I would like to someday grow up and become like one day. She is the person who taught me to make my own laundry soap. I learned how to really get my whites white. She has tons of great ideas and tips and I feel smarter just by reading her site each day. She also has no idea who I am. But she should adopt me. Seriously.
- The Prairie Homestead–This blog is run by another Jill. She doesn’t know me either. I love her down home advice and that she keeps it real. She is trying to make a homestead in the prairie of Wyoming. She’s funny and practical. I have found the very best way to read her blog is through her weekly newsletter. She shares new and old posts, so I never feel like I miss anything I might want to read about.
- Sally’s Baking Addiction–Sally has no idea who I am either. However, I feel I need to be her neighbor, just so I can get some the great treats she makes for her blog. These recipes are to die for. I have no idea how I found her blog, but I am a loyal follower. I even own her first cookbook. Her second one is on my wishlist. I have no idea how she stays thin. There isn’t enough exercise in the world to not make me gain weight just by looking at her pictures. So consider yourself warned. And indulge in her awesomeness.
- Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures–I love Lynn’s blog. She has some absolutely wonderful recipes there. I subscribe to her blog by email, as well as have it in my reader. She has real, family recipes. Ones that taste good. Oh, and if you are gluten free, she shares a lot of those types of recipes as well. Lynn introduced me to the wonders of baked oatmeal. She has like a gazillion different ways to make it. I have liked them all. She also taught me how to make my own granola. She has no idea who I am, but I think she should adopt me as well. I’ve seen her menu plans…they are the highlight of my week. Even though I make up my own menus each week, I often add in a recipe or two from her blog. We are true fans of Lynn in our home.
Now you know 5 of the Home & Recipe Blogs that I read each week, if not daily. How many of these did you already know about? What are some others you think I might love? Please leave a comment and share!