This week for 5 Things Friday, I decided to share 5 of the goals I have set for 2017. These are just SOME of the goals I have set for the New Year, but these are probably the biggest and baddest of the list. So in other words, the most important. Haha.
So here they are, in no particular order:
- Post 7 days per week here on my blog. This is something I have been working toward, at least posting consistently. I have a plan this year that I have spent several hours working on so I can implement this goal. Mondays will always be my Meal Plans. Tuesdays are for promotions and reviews and giveaways. Wednesdays are posts that will follow a monthly theme I have chosen for the home and family. (This month is Food Storage Basics.) Thursdays will be recipe posts. Yum! Fridays will be 5 Things Friday-these will vary from week to week, kind of what I feel like sharing. These posts will probably help you to get to know me a bit better. At least that is the plan. Saturday will bring you Happy Saturday. These will always be video posts where I share something I saw recently and liked. Very eclectic. Sometimes it will be funny. Sometimes it will be helpful. Sometimes inspiring. You won’t know what to expect, except a video. Should be fun. Sundays will bring Sunday Inspirations. These will always be Inspirational Picture Quotes. I hope you enjoy the format I will be taking this year!
- Launch my Brenda Skinner Emmett pen name-I have big things planned for this pen name. I will be launching a suspense/thriller series called the Criminal Intent Series. This series follows an elite team of FBI agents whose sole purpose is to catch serial killers. I had planned on launching this pen name last summer, but got bogged down with some personal things. And I also got distracted with a short story in the series named The Catalyst. I was originally going to release The Catalyst first as it is kind of a prequel to the series. But I have decided to hold that back and release it later this year as I don’t want expectations to be that all of the books will be like this one. The main books are much longer than this short story, and the short story will be kind of a bonus for my readers later on to explain HOW the team actually got together and why. Should be fun. Anyway, book 1, The Zookeeper will be releasing on Amazon the end of January. Then the current plan is to release book 2, The Gardener, in March. If things go well, there will be 6 books and a short story released in this series during 2017.
- Launch my Lynn Chandler pen name-I also have big things planned for this pen name this year. This pen name will focus on novella length clean and sweet romance stories. The first book, A Royal Pain in the Garden, will be releasing in February sometime. This series follows a Royal family and the sweet romances of each of the siblings for my fictional country and island I have set in the Mediterranean. There will be a total of 6 books in this series that should all release during 2017. I have also planned a Christmas trilogy for a different series, set in a fictional Christmas town, that will also be released toward the end of this year. So lots and lots of books from this pen name are planned for 2017.
- Try to lose weight-This one is a bit more difficult for me. I have a terrible time losing weight because of some health issues that I have. However, I am going to try to drop a few pounds this year. My main reasoning is for health reasons, though I wouldn’t mind it for appearance sake either. Just being honest.
- Work harder on my personal relationship with God-I did make a lot of strides this past year in this relationship, but I still have lots of room for improvement. I want to deepen my personal scripture study and prayers.
So now you know 5 of the goals I have set for 2017. What are some goals you have set for yourself this year?